Friday, February 16, 2007

OTR Again

Greetings from Bearden, Oklahoma. How is everyone doing? I pray that everyone is in good health and spirits. A lot has happened since my last blog. I got fired from Frontier Leasing. It really isn’t a bad thing. Well, it is never good to get fired but my wife and I have been talking about me leaving Frontier Leasing for many reasons. The problem is I was only home on weekends and holidays and never had time to actually look for work or apply with another company. So, actually getting fired was a blessing because at the rate I was going, I would have never left Frontier Leasing. Now I am with another company. The good thing is that I have an outstanding work history and was able to get on with another company real fast. I got fired Wednesday and got hired onto another company Thursday. I want to clear something up though. Frontier Leasing is a good company. It is just not a company for me. Actually, the last two companies I have worked for made me realize something. I am a big company driver. I don’t like small companies. I like the convenience, benefits, and hassle free work of the big companies. Big companies have 24 hour dispatch and support, free communication to dispatcher and maintenance, Comdata or other system of pay so you can get your money even when not home, higher pay, and much more. The driver has very little to worry about.

The company I went with is the company I drove for before. Infact, it is the company I have most time with and have always liked. It is CRST. I have been a Lead Driver and a classroom instructor for CRST and it is the company my wife and I team drove for. Most of CRST is team drivers. They haul expedited freight for companies that need their freight there yesterday. I like CRST very much. Last time I drove for them I was making almost $1000/wk. The only down side I see with them is that they are a team company and it can be hard finding a co-driver that works with you. I start orientation this Monday and will be going back to being a Lead Driver. So, my blogs should be interesting with having student drivers.

The down side is that I will be an Over-The-Road driver again which means that I will be gone 4 weeks at a time and home 6 days. It is going to be tough being away from my wife and daughter for such a long time. This will be the only bad part of going back to CRST. I like the company and love teaching. Before I got married and had a daughter I loved being on the road and at times wouldn’t come home for months. But before I got married, I had no reason to come home. Now I have a reason to stay home. But, I am a strong believer that the man must provide for the family. I have a skill that is in high demand and can bring enough money into the house where we can live good and debt free and I must work for an employer that will do that. If that means that I must go away for awhile to do it then that is what I must do.

Well, I have a lot of things to do before Monday morning. I will write another blog next week. Take care and God Bless.

Love,
The Oklahoma Tomcat
http://joneshomestead.tripod.com/

No comments: