Friday, April 6, 2007

I'm the best

Greetings from Ft. Collins, CO. How is everyone doing? I pray everyone reading this is in good health and spirits. I am doing good. I got back to the truck Friday at noon and picked up my new student Saturday morning. This month has been going a lot smother then last. We are currently in Ft. Collins, CO and it is snowing with the temps being 14f. We just got done delivering 14,000 bs of disposible underwear to a huge nursing home out here.

Earlier this week we were picking up in Seattle, WA. After we got docked two other CRST trucks pulled up. The man who worked on the dock was telling us we can drop our trailer and hook to the other trailer that was already loaded when a driver from the other CRST truck walked up and said he is supposed to get the other trailer. The dock man was telling him that we were first and we get the loaded trailer. This driver started arguing with the dock man (something you should never do). To end the arguement I said that the other driver can take the loaded trailer and we will wait to be loaded. The other driver thanked me and told me he also had a sudent and he was a lead driver. It didn't impress me at all but I was nice. He then asked me which route I was taking to Arcadia, WI. I told him I-90 East to I-94 East. Oh, he thought I was crazy. He told me it would be better to take I-90 all the way. I simply told him that the company routed us to I-94. He then went on ab!
out it being only a recommended route and he never follows it. I told him he better read the company hand book. He said they don't bother him because he is the best and he hopes I am too. He asked how long I have been driving for the company. When I told him 5 years and I use to teach lead driver you can imagine his reaction. Yep, I have quite a bit more experience then him. And I told him, "No, I am not the best." Many people are shocked that I say that. I use to work in the safety office, taught Lead Drivers how to teach new drivers, taught orientation classes, counsled drivers and have fired drivers. But let me ask everyone something. Are you doing Gods will or are you doing your will? We are all born with gifts. We should use these gifts to give glory to the Lord. I have found that I am good at teaching and driving trucks. Truck driving came real easy for me and I like it. Teaching was also natural for me and I also like that. I know these are gifts give!
n to me by my father in heaven. Not something I developed on my own.
It is my job to use these skills to bring glory to the Lord and not to boast about my own ability or take all the credit myself. I know this is where the Lord placed me because I tried to leave 3 times and each time didn't work out. And here I am again. When you realize that what you do isn't of your own will or ability then it humbles you and makes you a better person. It gives me great pleasure to do Gods will and it takes a lot of pressure off my shoulder because I know God will always be there to help me through anything. You know what is amazing? I have been doing this on and off for about 5 years, doing Gods will. I have prayed many times for God to help and guide me to do his will and never knew that I was. It was only a little over a month ago when I came back to CRST as a lead driver that it dawned on me. I see how God is using me to bring glory to him too. It isn't me going out and preaching to people or knocking on doors. It is the students that get in!
my truck, the customers I come in contact with, and the people in the truckstop seeing Gods love in me and the way I do my job. The fact that even though I may disagree with my employers policy I still follow it, the paitence I have when teaching my students and the love I show to everyone, they see how much I enjoy life and the way I speak to people even if they may have an attitude. That is when the door is opened and questions asked. This is when I started telling them about my faith in the Lord. That everything good you see in me isn't of my own doing. It is God working through me for I am not capable of doing any of this on my own. You see, not everyone is created to be ministers, go preaching in the streets, knock on peoples doors, or goto other countries to do good works. God has given us the ability to do different things and for most it is simply to do your job very well, have a good attitude and be a good employee. If you stand out you can cause people to!
goto you and in that way you could minister to more people then someo
ne knocking on doors.

So, am I doing my will or Gods will? I quit this job 3 times. I tell you the truth, I would much rather be home with my wife and child. But everytime I come back to teaching for CRST. Don't get me wrong, I like driving and I like teaching. To me it is the greatest job. But I see that it is Gods will that I teach new truck drivers and show them how a Christian should be. It is a great feeling to be doing what God wants me to do.

Am I the best Truck Driver? No! It would be foolish for me to think so. I am as good as God makes me and I know I am not the only Christian Truck Driver that God is working with. I am a good driver because God made me a good driver. All I did is submit to the lord and let him work through me. I would not be a good driver if it wasn't for God. Isn't God great and wise. To be able to take a simple man like me to do his great work and to make a difference in peoples lives. How amazing. All the credit and glory goes to him.

By the way, I did check out the miles taking I-90 compaired to taking I-94 and staying on I-90 is 64 extra miles. But even if staying on I-90 was the best route, what is that Lead Driver teaching his student by breaking company policy and not listening to his employer? Is that something a teacher should teach a student? If you disagree with the person who hired you and that is paying then just disobey them? I told that lead driver that if I wanted to do my own thing and didn't want to follow company policy then I would buy my own truck and be an owner operator.

Well, I better end this and send it out. Take care and God Bless.

Love,
The Oklahoma Tomcat
http://joneshomestead.tripod.com
<------------------------->
"In general the best teacher or care-giver cannot match a parent of even ordinary education and experience."
~ Dr. Raymond Moore

You can now sign up for a free webbased joneshomestead e-mail account at http://joneshomestead.tripod.com.

------------------------------
Sent via PocketMail
Email Anywhere
www.pocketmail.com

No comments: