Tuesday, May 1, 2007

She's the reason God made Oklahoma

Greetings from Salt Lake City, UT. How is everyone doing? I pray that everyone reading this is in good health and spirits. Things are not going so good here. I just picked up a student that is in his 17th day of training but he isn't good with the qualcomm, trip planning, figuring the ETA, he has problems shifting, hasn't been taught hazmat, and never driven mountains. He says that his last lead drivers never taught him any of these things or had him do them. He his a nice person, has a good attitude and asks questions. I have a week to teach him all of these things. To make things worse, my truck broke down last night and I am sitting in the shop. Can't teach when my truck is in the shop. This is the 5th time my truck has been in the shop in 2 months. It really makes me wonder why CRST switched from the International with the Cummons Engines to Freightliner with Detroit Engines. I never had this much problems with the International. I never liked Freightliner. !
It takes them so long to fix their trucks. It seems that their shops are always full. Says a lot about their trucks when their shops are always busy (lol).

Well, I am hauling 40,561 lbs of magazines to Portland, OR. It is supposed to deliver today @ 1100 pdt but it isn't going to make it ontime.

On our way up here my student was amazed at how pretty the mountains looked out here. The green grass in the valleys and the white snow on the tops of mountains. It is really a sight to behold. I have always loved the Northwest. Infact, many people who know me is amazed that I never moved out here. I still do like the sights of the moutains out here but something is different. My mind keeps going back to Oklahoma and something prettier there waiting for me. I keep thinking about my wife waiting for me in Oklahoma and the day I will be back in her arms.

Take care and God Bless.

Love,
The Oklahoma Tomcat
http://joneshomestead.tripod.com
<------------------------->
"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

------------------------------
Refer-A-Friend to PocketMail today and a receive $50 in service or $25 in CASH!

No comments: