Wednesday, May 23, 2007

OPEC to be sued?

Greetings from Charleston, SC. How is everyone doing? I pray that this post finds everyone in good health and spirits.

We have just made our delivery to Cummins Mercruiser in Charleston, SC. We are now waiting to find out were we go next. I tell you, there isn't too many places for a truck driver to sit around here. I had to drive 15 miles to a truckstop and it only has 8 parking spots.

Would you beleive that Congress has voted yesterday to sue OPEC for price fixing? I guess Congress can't trick the public anymore that the oil companies or President Bush is to blame for the high gas prices. They keep trying to make it look like they are working to lower fuel prices. They tried blaming the President. Then they tried blaiming the oil companies. How many investigations did they do? They are at least looking in the correct direction this time, but will sueing OPEC really lower oil prices? I think not. Infact, I think it is silly. Since when did OPEC have to follow our laws and mind our courts? Do they even have to show up to court? What can we do if they disobey the court order? There is only one way to lower oil prices. I have stated many times that we need to open up drilling in our country. But congress only allows us to drill in a few spots. As long as we keep depending on OPEC for oil we will continue to be slaves to them. Lets face it, we !
still need oil. If there is anyone to blame for the high fuel prices, it is congress. The media will never say that though. Not the large media anyway. The media also makes it look like everyone is angry about the high fuel prices but I don't see it. Lots of people still driving the same. Speeding by, reving their engines, doing crazy lane changes, speeding to the red light or stop signs before slaming on their brakes, tailgating, ect. All things that waist fuel. Can't convince me people are upset about fuel prices. That is like trying to convince me you are worried about Global Warming and yet flying in a personal jet. It makes no sence.

Well, I better get off here and send it off. Take care and God Bless.

Love,
Oklahoma Tomcat
http://joneshomestead.tripod.com
Life is fragile. Handle with care

You can now sign up for a free webbased joneshomestead e-mail account at http://joneshomestead.tripod.com.

------------------------------
Get your service for FREE when you refer friends and family to PocketMail!

No comments: