mail finds everyone in good health and spirits. Everything is going
good out here. I got home Thursday night. It is great to be home
after being out for over 4 weeks. When I pulled into the Oklahoma
City terminal, Paula was there with Abigail. As I walked up to the
terminal, Paula walked up to me and guess who else was walking? That
is correct ... my little daughter was also walking. I was so shocked
and proud of my little baby girl.
Well, we had a little problem on the way home, the alternator light
came on. We were about 50 miles from home when the car died. It was
2300 cdt and we couldn't get a hold of anyone. So, I decided that we
couldn't stay with the car and would have to start walking. We
grabbed only what we absolutely needed for the night and locked up
the car. I didn't like leaving the car but knew we had to. I felt
that, even thought the car was far enough off the road, it was
possible that the car could get hit. I don't know what made me feel
that way. Guess I have driven nights too many times and seen too many
trucks and cars swerve off the road. Since the alternator was gone
and the battery now dead, I couldn't leave the flashers on.
Well, we didn't walk too long before someone stopped to help. A very
nice gentleman and his teenage daughter stopped and gave us a ride
home. He has taking classes on the Bible and so we got to talking
about the Bible.
The next morning my father and I headed out to the car so that we can
change out the alternator and get the car home. We ran into one
problem. The car was missing. Many thoughts came across our minds. It
was towed or someone stole the car. My father made the statement that
the police wouldn't have it towed until after they tagged it and it
sat for 48 hours. I stated that the only way the police would tow it
sooner is if it was involved in an accident.
When I got home I called the police. What I expected was fact. Not
only did someone run off the road and side swipped our car, but the
person who did it was a truck driver. To make it worse, the truck
driver ran and didn't report the accident. The police officer went
around to look for the truck that was reported hitting our car but
couldn't find it at any of the area truck stops. Since we didn't have
full coverage insurance and it was highly unlikely the truck driver
would ever be found, the office said that there is no use filing a
report. We are also left with the towing bill and now we are out of a
family car. I want to say thanks to the truck driver for being a man
or woman and taking responsibility for hitting our family car. You
have lots of love for your fellow truck driver and neighbor.
I thank God for all his help and looking out for us. That we were not
in the car when it got hit, that a nice man stopped and got us home
safely, that we do have a second vehicle, that we have lots of great
people helping us with this set back, and that the person who hit us
didn't get hurt. This could have been much worse.
Well, I have to get ready for bed. Take care and God Bless. Take care
and God Bless.
Love,
The Oklahoma Tomcat
------------------------------
Refer-A-Friend to PocketMail today and a receive $50 in service or $25 in CASH!
No comments:
Post a Comment