Friday, March 21, 2008

Facing our Giants

Typed on the 20th day of March, 2008 AD.

There was two farmers who needed rain real bad because their crops were dieing. They both prayed for rain but only one prepaired his land for it. Which one had more faith in the Lord?

Greetings from Bearden, OK in the name of our Lord Saviour, Jesus Christ. How is everyone doing? I pray that this blog finds everyone in good health and spirits.

Everything is going good in the Jones Family. Today was a very lovely day in Bearden, OK. We had lots of sun and a little bit of wind. Infact, poor Abigail got a little sunburn on her cheeks. She was also covered in dirt and her jeans got wet when she found a mud puddle to sit in. She had such an enjoyable time and was pooped out by the end of the day.

I went up to my parents to cut down some limbs they need removed. It helped them but it also helped us out a lot because we are able to use the wood for our wood cook stove. I have to work hard to build up the wood for our wood cook stove because we are now in storm season and it is this time of the year when we loose power a lot. When the power goes out we use the wood cook stove for cooking our food. It was great to break out the chain saw again and put it to use. I enjoy cutting trees and limbs and seeing how fast I can pile up the wood.

Paula is doing OK. We have to go back to the Doctors tomarrow morning. I pray that her blood pressure went down and that all is well.

We just got done watching a very good movie and I recomend it to everyone. It is called "Facing the Giants." It is an inspirational movie that combines faith and football. It is about a high school coach who rises above failure to create a winning spirit on the field. He did this by putting his life in God's hands and, in doing so, finds a stronger purpose and, ultimately, salvation. One of the things said in this movie was to do everything to glorify God, not ourself and to have total faith in the Lord. We should all ask ourselves if we are doing this and be honest when we answer. I speak of this alot but know that I also struggle from time to time with this. I have always been the type of man who felt that it was about what I can do. Infact, growing up in a leagalistic Church that is what I was always taught. But I have learned that I had it wrong. I must surrender all things to the Lord and have faith. I must allow the Lord to work through me so that when peop!
le see me they see what the Lord has done and Glory will be given to Him. I know that I am a work in progress. It is very hard for us to give up power and have faith that God will take care of us. But I am a witness of God's Love for us and that he will take care of us. I am not a great person. When it comes to sinners, I am a huge one and am not worthy of God's Love or Blessings. I have done terrible things in my life and would be very, very imberised if a movie was made of my life. Yet, the Lord has been with me all my life and given me unconditional Love and has blessed me greatly. Some of these blessings I have blogged about. There was a time when I thought these blessings was because of what I did but looking back I have realized that I did nothing to deserve these blessings. That is correct... NOTHING! All I did was to have faith. You know what? Looking back I realize that it was when I had the greatest faith in God that he helped me the most. That is wh!
at this movie showed. Ask yourself, "What is imposible with God?" He can do anything and will work with us if we trust him. So, the next time a Giant comes into your life. Give it to the Lord, have faith that the Lord will take care of the Giant in your life, and give the Glory to God. Remember to give Him the credit and always remember that it is only through him that you can do anything. For you can do nothing of your own power, will, or knowledge. Also remember that God may not do things the way you want them done. Remember that the Lord didn't remove Paul's thorn. What did Jesus say when Paul asked him to remove his thorn? But we must have faith that the Lord is all knowing and will always do what is best. Last week our pastor talked about how Christians should not worry about tomarrow or dwell on the past as the pegans do. That comes with having faith in the Lord. See, pagons don't have faith in God. It is about what they do for their gods not about what God can do through them. So faith is very important. I highly recomen!
d this movie. If you get the DVD I also recomend watching the "With You" music video that is in the "Special Features" section of the DVD. Great video.

Well, I better go ahead and end this blog. I have to get some sleep since we have to wake up real early tomarrow. I will make a post tomarrow and let everyone know how the doctor visit goes. Take care and God Bless.

Love,
The Oklahoma Tomcat
"A house without a father is a challenge. A neighborhood without fathers is a tragedy." Bill Cosby

Jones Family Homestead Group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jonesfamilyhomestead

The Oklahoma Tomcat's Blog:
http://oklahomatomcat.blogspot.com


------------------------------
Tell your friend about PocketMail and let the savings start rolling in!

No comments: