Monday, March 17, 2008

Tragidy in Tulsa, OK

Greetings in the name of our saviour, Jesus Crist. How is everyone Doing? I pray that this e-mail finds everyone in good health and spirits. All is going OK out here. Now that I am home I have been able to take care of many things around the house. I got the gaurden area up and ready to plow. Our neighbor, Don is going to plow it once the ground drys, which looks like may be awhile yet since we are getting more rain this week. I was able to get a lot of things out of our shed. We have a shed that my parents stuffed a lot of things in. They gave me permision to do whatever I wanted with it so last weekend I took a lot of it and held a huge yard sale. We made $34 on Saturday and $14 on Sunday. Pretty good since it was cold Saturday and it was Palm Sunday on Sunday. If the weather is good we will have another yard sale on Friday and Saturday. I will have to get some more things out of the shed and clean them up. Once all of the things are out of it then I will ope!
n it up for the Goats and Sheeps. I also have some fencing that needs to be repaired where we will have the sheeps and Goats in during the day. If all goes well, this will all be done before the gaurden gets plowed and is ready to plant.

The cold and flu season has hit Oklahoma. The flu is so bad this year that Oklahoma has declared it an epidemic. The Jones family got hit. Fortunatly we didn't get hit with the flu. Abigail and I got a cold and Paula got hit with a respritory infection. We are getting over it though. We now just have the cough and are all feeling good.

Micah isn't born yet but Paula is having strong contractions today. We feel it could be any day now. We can't wait.

In Tulsa today a 14 yr old girl is charged for stabing a 13 yr old girl over a boy. To make things worse, the 14 yr old is pregnant. The 14 yr old girl could be charged as an adult. It is so sad to see children take someones life over such stupid things. So many lives are turned around. The life of a 13 yr old girl has ended, the families of both girls is turned upside down, and the life of a 14 yr old girl if she is charged as an adult and found gilty. My prayers go out to them all and I ask that everyone pray for them all.

I am no longer driving for CRST. I left the road because Paula was having complications with the pregnancy. I am now trying to find a local job but not having very much luck. I was going to drive buses for the Shawnee School but after taking classes, getting the endorsments and paying for fuel, I now don't have enough money for the fuel to goto Shawnee for work til I get a pay check. So, I will have to find something in Okemah or serounding towns. I put aplications in a few companies and will check out a supermarket in town on Wednsday when they take aplications. I am not looking for anything big because I want to spend more time getting our homestead going and start becoming self suffitiant and making money from our homestead. We have such a huge plan but it is going to take me being home more.

Well, I am going to go ahead and end this blog for now. Sorry it has taken me so long to post a new blog but as you can tell, I have been real busy. Hope to post a new blog soon. Take care and God Bless.


Love,
The Oklahoma Tomcat
"A house without a father is a challenge. A neighborhood without fathers is a tragedy." Bill Cosby

Jones Family Homestead Group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jonesfamilyhomestead
The Oklahoma Tomcat's Blog:
http://oklahomatomcat.blogspot.com


------------------------------
Tell your friend about PocketMail and let the savings start rolling in!

No comments: